Traveling with your Inwood Bank Debit Card

At Inwood Bank, we are serious about keeping you safe from debit card fraud. As a part of this effort, we have software in place that may block some international transactions. International debit card fraud is one of the fastest-growing fraud trends in the country.

Q: Will my debit card work outside the U.S.?

  1. The Mastercard logo on your debit card will allow your card to be accepted at millions of locations around the world. Visit to access the Mastercard ATM Locator.  

Q: What should you do before traveling outside the U.S.?

  1. To prevent any interruption in your debit card service:
  • Notify Inwood Bank of the dates and countries you will be traveling to before you leave. At that time our staff will inform you if there are any restrictions for your destinations. We will place the necessary travel information into our Fraud Center system. 
  • Confirm with our staff that Inwood Bank has your current contact information in the event our Fraud Center needed to alert you of any suspicious activity on your debit card.
  • Use your Chip debit card with your PIN for cash withdrawals.
  • Be sure you have the Lost or Stolen Debit Card phone number in your cell phone contacts. If you need to report your card lost or stolen, inside the US 888-297-3416 or Outside the US 206-389-5200. You will need to know your full card number, so be sure to keep any information in a safe and secure place separate from your wallet or handbag.
  • Carry more than one form of payment.

  Q: Can I withdraw cash outside the U.S.?

  1. By using your Chip Debit Card with your set PIN number, you can withdraw cash in local currency at more than 1 million ATM’s worldwide.
  • Cash in foreign countries is dispensed in local currency at the current exchange rate and debited from your account in US dollars. Inwood Bank will not be able to verify or track the exchange rate.
  • Contact Inwood Bank’s customer service or visit your local branch to inquire about your daily cash withdrawal limits

Important facts to remember when using a foreign ATM:

  • Some foreign ATMs are only available during normal business hours.
  • Many foreign ATMs offer instructions in English, but not all of them.

Q:  What if my card is lost or stolen?

  1. Notify Inwood Bank Customer Service Dept at 214-351-7330 during operating hours M-F 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday 9 am to 12 pm, excluding federal holidays.

If you are an Inwood Bank online banking customer, you can cancel your card by logging in and going to the Card Services option on the menu.

If it outside of Inwood Bank operating hours, you can contact the Lost & Stolen Card Services directly at 888-297-3416.

Q: Are there fees associated with using my debit card outside the U.S.?

  1. Inwood Bank does not charge any additional fees for using your debit card outside the U.S. Standard debit card fees apply as outlined in your Account Disclosure.

Q: What do I do if I am having trouble with my card?

  1. Inwood Bank Customer Service Dept. can be reached at 214-351-7330 during operating hours M-F 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday 9 am to 12 pm, excluding federal holidays. If you receive a phone call or text from our Fraud Center, please respond by the method they contacted you to ensure your card remains active.

Inwood Bank reserves the right to charge an exchange fee