Traveling with your Inwood Bank Debit Card
At Inwood Bank, we are serious about keeping you safe from debit card fraud. As a part of this effort, we have software in place that may block some international transactions. International debit card fraud is one of the fastest growing fraud trends in the country.
Q: How can I use my debit card if I am traveling outside of the U.S.?
A: To prevent any interruption in your ATM or debit card service:
- Notify Inwood Bank of the dates and countries where you will be traveling before your leave. At that time we will inform you if there are any restrictions for those destinations. We will place necessary travel information into our Fraud Center. This will help to ensure that you will be able to continue using your card without any issue
- Verify that Inwood Bank has the best phone number to reach you in the event that there is any suspicious activity on your card.
- Be sure you know your PIN for your debit card so you will be able to make cash withdrawals.
- Record your debit card number and telephone number in case you need to report lost or stolen cards, and keep this information in a safe place away from your wallet or handbag.
Q: Will my debit card work outside of the U.S.?
A: As long as you let us know prior to your trip, the Mastercard logo on your debit card will allow your card to be accepted at millions of locations around the world. To search for an ATM nearest to you visit www.mastercard.us to access MasterCard ATM locator.
Q: Can I withdraw cash outside of the U.S.?
A: With your debit card, you can withdraw cash in local currency at more than 1 million ATMs worldwide.
Cash in foreign countries is dispensed in local currency at the current exchange rate and debited from your account in dollars. Inwood Bank will not be able to verify or track the exchange rate.
Contact Inwood Bank’s customer service or visit a branch location for your daily cash withdrawal limits.
Important facts to remember when using foreign ATMs:
- Some foreign ATMs are only available during normal business hours.
- Many foreign ATMs offer instructions in English, but not all of them.
Q: What if my card is lost or stolen?
A: Notify Inwood Bank Customer Service at 214.351.7330 during operating hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon, excluding federal holidays.
If you are an Inwood Bank online user, you can cancel your card by logging in and going to the Card Services option on the menu.
If it is outside of operating hours, you can contact Lost & Stolen Card Services directly by calling 866.546.8273.
Q: Are there fees associated with using my debit card outside of the U.S.?
A: Inwood Bank does not charge any additional fees* for using your debit card outside of the U.S. standard debit card fees apply as outlined in your Account Disclosure.
Q: What do I do if I am having trouble with my card?
A: Inwood Bank Customer Service can be reached at 214.351.7330 during operating hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon, excluding federal holidays. If you received a phone call or text from our Fraud Center you can reach them 24/7 at 800-417-4592.
*We reserve the right to charge an exchange fee.